Mia Kainz has a very interesting background in the Swedish armed forces, being deployed to the early times in Afghanistan. When she retired from the armed forces she managed a health center and now she works for a large corporation providing support for different units. The insights she provides thus come from several different extreme contexts, and a managerial position in a more ”traditional organization”. This also implies that she has the experience to reflect on how insights may be transferred.
- Differences and similarities in leadership across the contexts
- How to keep focus?
- How boredom helps team to develop
- Importance of gut-feeling and how it may have saved her life
- The importance of mundane activities
- How to empower people in a team and the importance of psychological safety
- Overcoming hierarchies and working as a team by instilling trust
- The importance of the KISS
- How to provide feedback and get it across
- How to win over the locals, and overcoming complexity, uncertainty and suspicion. Also, how to get information in unexpected places.
The movie Black hawk down